When considering breast augmentation, it’s important to understand the possible risks, complications, and long-term maintenance required, one such concern is the possibility of implant rupture. Dr Lawrence Gray Here, we have gathered advice from top plastic surgeons on what to do if your breast implants are ruptured and how to prevent this situation from occurring.
Signs Of A Ruptured Implant
Recognizing the signs of a ruptured implant is crucial for proper treatment. Common symptoms of a ruptured implant include:
• A change in breast shape or size
• Pain or tenderness around the breast implant
• Swelling or inflammation
• Decreased sensation in the breast
It’s important to consult a medical professional if you notice any of these signs or are suspicious of a possible implant rupture.
What To Do If You Suspect A Ruptured Implant
If you suspect an implant is ruptured. Dr Lawrence Gray recommend following these steps:
• Consult your plastic surgeon: If you suspect a rupture, contact your plastic surgeon immediately. They can provide guidance and recommendations on the next steps.
• Schedule an imaging study: An MRI or ultrasound could be used to help determine whether the implant has ruptured.
• Consider explantation or replacement: If a rupture is confirmed, surgical removal or replacement of the implant is typically required.
Choosing A Reputable Plastic Surgeon
Finding a trustworthy and experienced plastic surgeon is crucial for achieving the best results and reducing the risk of complications. Here are some steps to help you choose the right plastic surgeon:
• Verify board certification
• Review before-and-after photos from previous procedures
• Check patient reviews and testimonials
• Schedule a consultation to ensure a comfortable rapport and open communication
Alternative Breast Enhancer Techniques
If you’re considering alternatives to breast implants, the following breast enhancer techniques may be of interest:
• Breast lift: Using the patient’s existing breast tissue, this procedure elevates and reshapes the breasts for a more youthful and perkier appearance.
• Fat transfer: Instead of implants, this technique uses the patient’s liposuctioned fat to augment the breasts.